Obtain the Tools and Specifications
Host suppliers may also purchase a license to the Device Description Library, this allows access to all FieldComm Group Registered DD/CFF files for integration with your host application.
Download The Host Registration Kit
The registration kit contains all of the required documentation and instructions concerning test and registration of a Foundation Fieldbus Host.
Prior to scheduling the testing of the host there are three pre-requisites that must be met:
1. The H1 stack used in your product must have been tested for conformance and passed such a test at Fraunhofer IOSB in Karlsruhe, Germany. If you are using an H1 communication stack from a third party solution provider, they should be able to tell you if the stack is already tested or not. Generally if you are buying the stack as part of a turn-key project and using the hardware and software of the solution provider, the stack will have already been tested for you. If your company is licensing the stack from someone else and then incorporating it into your own hardware, the stack will need to be retested by Fraunhofer IOSB. Host testing will not be scheduled until proof of a conformant H1 stack has been provided to FieldComm Group by Fraunhofer IOSB.
2. The H1 Physical Layer must be tested for conformance to the Foundation Fieldbus physical layer test specification (FF-816). This test can be done by a solution provider or by the manufacturer. Test results are recorded on a test report document provided in the registration kit, and must be provided prior to scheduling a host test. FieldComm Group reserves the right to audit physical layer test results at any time. If we are unable to duplicate reported pass results on any test, the manufacturer may be required to correct problems with the H1 physical layer before registration can be granted.
3. The Host Test Case Documentation must be prepared for assessment by FieldComm Group. This document gives the "how-to" for each applicable test case to be performed with your host application. Detailed steps and screen captures help demonstrate that the application is capable of performing all required functions.
Contact the Test Administrator
Testing is scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are ready to schedule a Host Test:
- Open a Support Ticket, Request "Product Registration" and then "FF Host" and attach “FF-949 Host Profile Registration Request Form.pdf” from the registration kit.
Please fill out the form completely, telling us everything about the host, along with your contact information.
- Provide a Purchase Order (see the fee schedule published here)
Purchase Order Requirements
Test time will not be scheduled until an official purchase order is provided by the manufacturer to cover all expected costs for a typical test campaign of the type associated with the product(s) to be tested.
In all circumstances, there will be two types of fees that should be on this PO:
1. Registration Certificate Fee – these fees differ for each type of product being tested and depending upon if the product has been previously registered with the Foundation. The specific fees are listed at Testing and Registration Fees under the section titled “Registration Certificate Fees”.
2. Testing Services Fees – These fees depend somewhat on the complexity of the product under test, but may also change significantly if the host was not pre-tested to find problems that might exist. See Testing and Registration Fees and review the published fees for “Testing Fees”.
If the host will be tested on-site, additional costs need to be included on the initial Purchase Order to cover travel expenses. The true expenses are recorded for invoicing after the completion of the campaign.
Complete Required Documentation
Testing Services Agreements (CS-461): Testing will not begin until we receive a completed and pen-signed copy of each the document. These documents are available in the registration kit. These documents can be emailed, but they must contain original signatures. One hard copy of each legal agreement will be signed by our President and returned to you at the close of the test campaign.
If this is not an on-site test, send the host and all paperwork to:
Attn: Foundation Fieldbus Test Lab
9430 Research Blvd., Ste. 1-120
Austin, Texas 78759
Please see the Shipping Requirements for proper international shipments.
Please include a wiring diagram for your host.
The information in this document is not all-inclusive of the entire process of registering a Foundation Fieldbus Host. Please carefully read the “PD30525 FOUNDATION Fieldbus Host Registration Process.pdf” document included in the registration kit.