This article provides an overview of the process of requesting a HART DD Host test and registration.
Obtain the Tools and Specifications
Host suppliers may also purchase a license to the Device Description Library, this allows access to all FieldComm Group Registered DD files for integration with your host application.
Technical Specifications are available to members to download (see the following article to obtain them: How to obtain the HART Protocol Specifications)
Download The Host Registration Kit
The registration kit contains all of the required documentation and instructions concerning test and registration of a HART DD Host.
Prior to scheduling the testing of the host there are pre-requisites that must be met:
- The Host Test Case Documentation must be prepared for assessment by FieldComm Group. This document gives the "how-to" for each applicable test case to be performed with your host application. Detailed steps and screen captures help demonstrate that the application is capable of performing all required functions.
- The set of results data sheets (HCF_FRM-157.n.xltx) must be completed. Blank data sheets are provided in the registration kit.
Contact the Test Administrator
Testing is scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. When you are ready to schedule a Host Test:
- Open a Support Ticket, Request "Product Registration" and then "HART DD Host" and attach “FR20113 Request for HART Host Registration” from the registration kit.
- Please fill out the form completely, telling us everything about the host, along with your contact information.
- Provide a Purchase Order (see the fee schedule published here)
Purchase Order Requirements
Test time will not be scheduled until an official purchase order is provided by the manufacturer to cover all expected costs for a typical test campaign of the type associated with the product(s) to be tested.
In all circumstances, there will be two types of fees that should be on this PO:
1. Registration Certificate Fee – these fees differ for each type of product being tested and depending upon if the product has been previously registered with the Foundation. The specific fees are listed at Testing and Registration Fees under the section titled “Registration Certificate Fees”.
2. Testing Services Fees – These fees depend somewhat on the complexity of the product under test, but may also change significantly if the host was not pre-tested to find problems that might exist. See Testing and Registration Fees and review the published fees for “Testing Fees”.
If the host will be tested on-site, additional costs need to be included on the initial Purchase Order (or a separate Purchase Order) to cover travel expenses. The true expenses are recorded for invoicing after the completion of the campaign.
Complete Required Documentation
If this is not an on-site test, send the host hardware and all paperwork to:
Attn: Foundation Fieldbus Test Lab
9430 Research Blvd., Ste. 1-120
Austin, Texas 78759
Please see the Shipping Requirements for proper international shipments.
Please include a wiring diagram for your host.
The information in this document is not all-inclusive of the entire process of registering a Foundation Fieldbus Host. Please carefully read the “PD20016 HART EDD Host Registration Procedure.pdf” document included in the registration kit.
EDDL Technology is an essential element Field Device Integration (FDI) Host Applications and Device Packages.
Consequently, FDI Host Applications must successfully complete the test procedures and registration
requirement in the document. Successful demonstration of compliance to EDDL requirements, while a subset of
the overall FDI Host conformance assessment, is a prerequisite for establishing FDI Host Conformance.