Become a Member of FieldComm Group
Members sign an Intellectual Property Rights License agreement which allows for the development, manufacturing, and sale of products containing FieldComm Group technologies. Learn how to join here.
Members of FieldComm Group are granted access to the member sites. If you do not have access to obtain the Technical Specifications and Test Specifications, please send a request for access through a ticket.
Register a Manufacturer ID and Expanded Device Type Code
All Manufacturer ID codes and HART Expanded Device Type codes must be registered with FieldComm Group prior to product development and registration. Manufacturer ID codes and Expanded Device Type Codes are assigned to current FieldComm Group Members.
For WirelessHART product registration, download the latest version of the Registration Kit from FieldComm Group. This kit includes forms for HART, WirelessHART Devices, and HART EDD Registrations. Use the additional forms as required for the type of product you are submitting.
Verify WirelessHART Stack Conformance
Developers must verify the WirelessHART Stack (i.e. Radio) targeted for their product design is conformant to the latest WirelessHART Protocol Specifications. Developers should contact the stack supplier for this information. The stack supplier must also supply physical layer properties (see PD20014 WirelessHART Product Registration Procedure in the Registration Kit):
- Antenna Transmit Pattern;
- Measurements showing the wireless interface meets minimum 802.15.4 receive sensitivity (-85dBm or greater);
- A copy of the FCC, R&TTE or equivalent test report;
- A copy of the IEEE 802.15.4 transceiver (i.e., radio) certification
Developers may pre-test products before submitting them for registration. FieldComm Group makes the official test systems and tools available for purchase. Order tools online.
Additional fees are applied to a test campaign if the developer does not submit pre-testing results, see the table in the article Testing and Registration Fees.
- HART FSK Physical Layer Test Kit is used to run the tests described in the test specification TEST-002, results are recorded in form number FR20156.
- WirelessHART Test System (also using Wi-Analys and HART Server) is used to run the tests described in the test specifications TEST-001, TEST-003, TEST-004, the results are recorded in form number FR20156 and HCF_FRM-156.6
- FDI Package IDE is used to develop and test the device support files (EDD and/or Device Package), also refer to the HART EDD Registration and FDI Device Package Registration pages for more details.
Testing and Registration Fees
The testing and registration fee applies if the product PASSES or FAILS the test campaign. Every submission and re-submission will be invoiced for the appropriate testing and registration fees.
Schedule A Test Date
To schedule a test date for your product, please submit a new ticket and select "Product Registration" To complete the request, attach a purchase order for the appropriate fees. You may request a future date for your product test. FieldComm Group will notify you of the scheduled test date and when to ship your hardware to our facility. Lead times vary based upon demand for testing.
Submit A Product Registration Package
Forms are provided in a registration kit, a link will be supplied via the Product Registration Ticket opened by the developer.
The manufacturer submits a complete registration package as a zip file that contains:
- Completed Token-Passing Data-Link Test Summary (FCG FR20156)
- Completed FSK Physical Layer Test Data Sheet (FCG FR20156)
- Completed Slave Universal Command Test Summary (FCG FR20156)
- Completed Slave Common Practice Command Test Summary (FCG FR20156)
- Completed TDMA-Mesh Test Summary (HCF_FRM-156.6)
- Completed HART Field Device Specification (HCF_LIT-18)
- Instructions for setting More Status Available Bit (UAL048B)
- Instructions for setting Write Protection (UAL009)
- All the log files generated by the test automation including the
- BA000xxx.OUT (Token-Passing Data-Link) files;
- DLL039a.qa.log and DLL039b.qa.log files
- UALxxx.qa.log (Universal Command) files;
- CALxxx.qa.log (Common Practice Command) files;
- TMLxxx.log, TMLxxx.txt (WirelessHART device-level) files; and
- SLTxxx.log, SLTxxx.txt, SLTxxx.doc (WirelessHART system-level) files.
- FCC test results and antenna transmit power plots
- Proof of IEEE STD 802.15.4-2006 transceiver compliance
- Device Shipping Information (FR10045)
- HART Product Exhibit.xls
- Product Website Marketing Information (FR10041)
- Any special instructions for test case execution.
- Effective September 1, 2017 Device Description and/or FDI Device Package must be included. Also see FDI Device Package Registration page for more details.
The complete registration package must be submitted in order to receive a test schedule date. Product Registration Packages are sent to FieldComm Group via upload to our ShareFile site, a private link will be supplied within the ticket opened for the test campaign. Files must not be emailed directly to staff. All information pertaining to the product registration shall be conveyed via the Product Registration Ticket.
The manufacturer ships one sample of the device (this should be the pre-tested hardware) to the lab facility in Austin, TX 2 - 3 weeks prior to the assigned test campaign start date. Registration kits contain a Device Shipping Information form which must be included in the submission. Hardware should be shipped as a Temporary Export/Import.
FieldComm Group (Headquarters) address:
9430 Research Blvd.
ATTN: HART LAB
Austin, TX 78759
Testing and Registration
FieldComm Group conducts the testing and provides a test report. If the product complies with all Conformance requirements, registration is granted and a certificate is provided to the manufacturer. The hardware is returned to the developer. The registered product is added to the FieldComm Group Product Registry.