Become a Member of FieldComm Group
Members sign an Intellectual Property Rights License agreement which allows for the development, manufacturing, and sale of products containing FieldComm Group technologies. Learn how to join here.
If you do not have access to obtain the Technical Specifications and Test Specifications, please send a request for access through a support ticket. Members receive free access to the Technical Specifications and Test Specifications.
Request a Manufacturer ID and Expanded Device Type Code
All Manufacturer ID codes and HART Expanded Device Type codes must be registered with FieldComm Group prior to product development and registration. Manufacturer ID codes and Expanded Device Type Codes are assigned to current FieldComm Group Members.
For HART product registration, download the latest HART Field Device Registration Kit.
Developers may pre-test products using the latest released version of the tools before submitting them for registration. Please refer to the Change Logs for the test tools to determine the current released version of the tool.
FieldComm Group makes the official test systems and tools available for purchase. Order tools online.
Additional fees are applied to a test campaign if the developer does not submit pre-testing results, see the table in the article Testing and Registration Fees.
- HART FSK Physical Layer Test Kit is used to run the tests described in the test specification TEST-002, results are recorded in form number FR20156
- HART Test System is used to run the tests described in the test specifications TEST-001, TEST-003, TEST-004, the results are recorded in form number FR20156
- FDI Package IDE is used to develop and test the device support files (EDD and/or FDI Device Package), also refer to the HART EDD Registration and FDI Device Package Registration pages for more details.
Testing and Registration Fees
The Testing Service Fee applies if the product PASSES or FAILS the test campaign. Every submission and re-submission will be invoiced for the appropriate testing and registration fees. Upon successful completion of a test campaign, the registration fee shall apply.
Schedule a Test Date
To schedule a test date for your product, please submit a new ticket and select "Product Registration". To complete the request, attach a purchase order for the appropriate fees. You may request a future date for your product test. FieldComm Group will notify you of the scheduled test date and when to ship your hardware to our facility. Lead times vary based upon demand for testing.
Only one ticket is required to initiate a new test campaign for a HART Device with EDD/FDI Package.
Submit a Product Registration Package ZIP File
Forms are provided in the HART Field Device Registration Kit, a link will be supplied via the Product Registration Ticket opened by the developer.
The developer must complete a registration package containing:
- Completed FR20156 (submit scope captures with required documentation) - Physical Layer Test
- Completed FR20156 (submit HSniffer OUT files and test logs with required documentation) - Data Link Layer Test
- Completed FR20156 (submit log files with required documentation) - Universal Application Layer Test
- Completed FR20156 (submit log files with required documentation) - Common Practice Application Layer Test
- All DLL, UAL, CAL output, including summaries
- All manual test case results - DLL013
- Completed HART Field Device Specification (HCF_LIT-18)
- Device Shipping Information (FR10045)
- HART Product Exhibit.xls
- Product Website Marketing Information (FR10041)
- Any device specific instructions for test case execution (i.e. how to set More Status Available bit, how to enable Write Protect, etc)
- Device hardware sample
- Effective September 1, 2017 the Device Description and/or FDI Device Package must be included. Please see the EDD Registration submission requirements in the article: HART EDD Registration.
- Effective December 31, 2020, an FDI Device Package will be required, please see the article: FDI Device Package Registration
A template submission ZIP file is included in the Registration Kit.
The complete registration package must be submitted no later than 4 weeks prior to the scheduled test date, else the test campaign will be rescheduled. Product Registration Packages are sent to FieldComm Group via upload to our ShareFile site, a private link will be supplied within the ticket opened for the test campaign. Files must not be emailed directly to staff. All information pertaining to the product registration will be conveyed via the Product Registration Ticket.
The manufacturer ships one sample of the device (this should be the pre-tested hardware) to the chosen test lab facility (Austin, TX or Beijing, China or Magdeburg, Germany) 2 - 3 weeks prior to the assigned test campaign start date. Registration kits contain a Device Shipping Information form which must be included in the submission. Hardware must be shipped as a Temporary Export/Import (see the Shipping Requirements).
<< Due to COVID mitigations, we may provide an alternate shipping address. Please contact FieldComm Group before shipping any products >>
FieldComm Group (Headquarters) address:
9430 Research Blvd.
ATTN: HART LAB
Austin, TX 78759
Beijing, China Test Lab address:
ATTN: HART LAB
397A Guanganmenwai St.
Beijing, China. 100055
Germany Test Lab address:ifak technology+service GmbH
Testing and Registration
FieldComm Group conducts the testing and provides a test report. If the product complies with all Conformance requirements, registration is granted and a certificate is published.
If the product is found to be non-conformant, the developer receives a test report and results for their records. The test campaign is closed and the developer is invoiced for the Testing Services Fees.
The hardware is returned to the developer at the conclusion of the test campaign.