All HART Manufacturer ID and Device Type codes are assigned by FieldComm Group.
Here are the steps to obtain a device type code (also called Expanded Device Type):
- Obtain a manufacturer ID or request at the same time as the device type code(s).
- Create a device model string name (Note: 18 characters or less is recommended for HART)
Please open a support ticket and specify the following:
- I need assistance with: Membership Support
- Details: Manufacturer ID/Device Type Request
- Additional Details: select the applicable technology/protocol
- Subject: New Device Type Code
- Description: State the name to register for a new device type code. Include your manufacturer ID code, if known. Multiple codes can be requested at once.
- Receive a confirmation message from FieldComm Group.
- Use the string and ID number exactly as specified in the Device Support Files and registration submission documentation.
How to update the model name of a registered HART product:
Character Limit for Product Names:
The Long Tag is limited to 32 ISO Latin 1 characters for HART products.
The ModelName is limited to 32 ISO Latin 1 characters for FOUNDATION Fieldbus products.
It is recommended to use 18 characters or less for best visibility on displays.