Click on the options below to obtain product documentation:
Quick Start Guide (also attached herein)
HTML5 UIP Guide - How to add a UIP to an FDI Device Package
The FDI Package IDE makes writing, running and testing of FDI Device Packages and EDDs easier and more efficient by providing the complete toolchain you need for FOUNDATION Fieldbus, HART, HART IP, PROFIBUS, PROFINET and ISA 100 devices in one application. The Generic Protocol Extension allows developers to write and run device packages for any other protocol, like Modbus or Ethernet IP.
- The IDE supports EDD editing and tokenizing of source files into the FDI encoded file format. The encoded EDD, the UIP (developed using Visual Studio), and the attachments are combined to form the FDI Device Package (.fdix).
- The IDE supports EDD editing and tokenizing of HART EDDs into the HART fm6 and fm8 encoded file formats, which allows for the development and maintenance of current HART EDDs.
- The IDE supports EDD editing and tokenizing for FOUNDATION Fieldbus DDs into the FF ffo and ff5 encoded file formats, which allows for the development and maintenance of current FF DDs.
- The Reference Runtime Environment (RRTE) is available for testing and debugging FDI Device Packages as well as HART and FF EDDs built with the IDE.
- The FDI Package Conformance Test Tool (CTT) performs automated conformance testing of FDI Device Packages.
- Support for device variants (Profibus/Profinet only).
- FDI Package IDE
- Device Package Conformance Test Tool (DPCTT)
- License Manager
- Reference Runtime Environment (RRTE)
- FDI Package Signing Tool
- ISA100 Communication Server (ISA100 license required)
- HART‐IP Communication Server (HART license required)
- Ethernet-IP Communication Server (Generic license required)
- Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 10 (64-Bit only)
- 1‐GHz‐Processor (faster is better)
- 2 GB RAM (more is better)
- AdoptOpenJDK Java Development Kit Standard Edition 8 (Hotspot 22.214.171.124) (64-Bit only)
- Eclipse IDE for Java Developers (Version Mars 2) (64-Bit only)
- 800 MB Free space on hard drive
- PROFINET Supervisor Library https://www.ifak-ts.com/en/pf/ifak-profinet_supervisor_lib/
- Please refer to the Technology Mapping specification for other required components
General Hardware Requirements
- Registered HART Modem, or National Instruments USB‐8486 FF interface, or Softing PROFIusb or PBpro PROFIBUS interface
- USB Port
- Ethernet Port
Click here to > Download the Data Sheet
Click here to > Order Online
Click here to > Learn more about FDI Technology