Click on the options below to obtain product documentation.
The FDI Package IDE makes writing, running and testing of FDI Device Packages and EDDs easier and more efficient by providing the complete tool chain you need for FOUNDATION Fieldbus, HART, HART IP, PROFIBUS, PROFINET and ISA 100 devices in one application. The Generic Protocol Extension allows developers to write and run device packages for any other protocol, like Modbus or Ethernet IP.
- The IDE supports EDD editing and tokenizing of source files into the FDI encoded file format. The encoded EDD, the UIP (developed using Visual Studio), and the attachments are combined to form the FDI Device Package (.fdix).
- The IDE supports EDD editing and tokenizing of HART EDDs into the HART fm6 and fm8 encoded file formats, which allows for development and maintenance of current HART EDDs.
- The IDE supports EDD editing and tokenizing for FOUNDATION Fieldbus DDs into the FF ffo and ff5 encoded file formats, which allows for development and maintenance of current FF DDs.
- The Reference Runtime Environment (RRTE) is available for testing and debugging FDI Device Packages as well as HART and FF EDDs built with the IDE.
- The FDI Package Conformance Test Tool (CTT) performs automated conformance testing of FDI Device Packages.
- Supports OPC UA Information Model Server as a reference implementation for exposing data to non‐ FDI clients (part of the RRTE).
- Support for device variants (Profibus/Profinet only).
- FDI Package IDE Toolkit
- ISA100 Communication Server
- HART‐IP Communication Server
- Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10 (32‐ Bit / 64‐Bit variants supported)
- 1‐GHz‐Processor or better
- 1 GB RAM (32‐Bit) or 2 GB RAM (64‐Bit)
- Oracle Java SE Development Kit for Windows (Version 8u172 or 10.0.1)
- Eclipse IDE for Java Developers (Version Mars.2)
- 700MB Free space on hard disk
General Hardware Requirements
- Registered HART Modem, or National Instruments USB‐8486 FF interface, or Softing PROFIusb interface
- USB Port
- Ethernet Port
Click here to > Order Online
Click here to > Learn more about FDI Technology