1. Download Device7.ddl
This is smallest HART 7 EDD that reads Primary Variable and still tokenizes with no errors
2. Find your 16-bit Manufacturer and 16-bit Device Type Name (Model Name) and Number
(See your companies Lit-18 document for this device).
Please be certain that your Company’s Name and Device Type name matches the official string names found in Common Tables, HCF_SPEC-183, FCG TS20183. If the name in the official name(s) are different, please submit a support ticket to change it.
3. Replace the 16-bit value and string name in VARIABLE device_type with the values and character string found in #2
4. Replace the 16-bit value and string name in VARIABLE manufacturer_id and private_label_distributor with the values and character string found in #2
5. Create Devices.cfg using the Manufacturer/Device Type values and character strings found in #2 (see above)
See article What is Devices.cfg (How do I Create it)?
6. Update MANUFACTURER and DEVICE_TYPE strings Manufacturer Declaration using the same Manufacturer and Device string definitions as chosen in devices.cfg (see #5 above)
7. Update DEVICE_REVISION entry using the Device Revision value found in your Lit-18 document