The first step is to determine the current installed version of the Test Software on your system. Open a terminal on the HART Test System, type “kit192ver” (without the quotes) at the prompt. Note the version number reported on the screen.
If the current version is v2.X or v1.X
- The system must be upgraded, to upgrade enroll in the Product Service Program.
- Open a Support Ticket (select Product Support, HART Test System).
- Request a Return Material Authorization (RMA) for this upgrade, include the Serial Number or Service Tag number in your request. Further instructions will be provided for shipment.
If the current version is v3.0TBDE
- This indicates only the base operating system has been updated (Kit-192 update is ToBeDone on the Eden processor based system).
- Do not use this system for device testing.
- Open a Support Ticket (select Product Support, HART Test System) for further assistance, include the Serial Number or Service Tag number in your request.
If the current version is v3.0 or higher
- Test System updates are obtained by enrolling in the Product Service Program.
- The latest update will install on your system. The license holder can download the software from FieldComm Group's ShareFile site.
- Shut down and restart after performing the installation.
See the HART Test System Change Log for the latest released version of the tool.