Support for the HART DD-IDE has ended. Please refer to the FDI-IDE Tools.
To productively develop your DD you need the DD-IDE. This tool was designed using the accumulated DD Development knowledge of experienced FieldComm Group engineers. This know-how was learned through years of writing DDs, teaching DD Developers and providing technical support to DD Developers worldwide. The DD-IDE tools are designed to allow you to develop a powerful, yet portable, host-independent DD.
The DD-IDE provides all the tools required to develop and test a DD for your field device. The DD-IDE tools:
- are integrated in a single environment to automate repetitive tasks;
- provide wizards to simplify generation of standard constructs;
- support testing and debugging of the DD; and
- allow for regression testing and validation of the DD.
A DD is best developed incrementally. This allows the device capabilities to be modeled and confirmed in small manageable chunks. For example, most DD developers incorporate support for the Universal Commands and a simple set of menus first. Then, Common Practice Commands are added and tested one at a time followed by Device Specific Commands.
This results in an Edit-Build-Test-Validate cycle that is repeated many times. The DD-IDE provides tools for each step in this cycle including:
- Edit - Central to the DD-IDE is a powerful DDL knowledgeable editor with wizards and project management capabilities.
- Build - Tokenizer and DD Management tools are provided.
- Test - The SDC-625 Reference DD Host is provided to facilitate testing of the DD.
- Validate - Tools are provided to facilitate validation of the DD. This includes Xmtr-DD that allows you to simulate your device and produce abnormal behavior for testing your DD.
- DD-aware editor with keyword coloring
- Supports rapid browsing and navigation of DD source code.
- Wizards that simplify creation of DD objects
- Integrated support for Tokenizing, Building, Simulating and Executing the DD
- Faster, more stable Tokenizer supporting HART 7, SDC-625, HC-475, AMS 6.x
- SDC-625 for DD testing, field device communication/configuration ·
- SDC-625 talks to: a simulated device (with Xmtr-DD), a single live field device, or a network of devices (using the HART Server)
- Xmtr-DD allowing DD development before field device hardware is available. Supports use of DDL for device and product requirements planning
- Communication log assists in DD testing and debug.
- Major productivity gains can be realized with a DD-aware editing environment.
- Language specific support that has been available for other programming languages (e.g., C, C++) is now available for DDL.
- DDL syntax is understood by the editor and keywords are highlighted.
- DD-Edit helps you navigate the DD and jump directly to the definition variables, menus, commands etc.
- There are also templates that allow new DD objects to be rapidly entered.
|Component Name||Part Number|
|HART Standard Device Descriptions||HCF_TOOL-014|
|HART Device Description Samples||HCF_TOOL-015|
|Device Description Language Tokenizer||HCF_TOOL-024|
|DDL-IDE Makefile sample & GNU make||HCF_TOOL-073|