FieldComm Group hosts a Repository of registered FDI Packages and Device Description files. End users can download these registered files from the Product Registry.
- Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button and then clicking Default Programs.
- Choose Associate a file type or protocol with a program option.
- Scroll down and select .fdix, then Change program... (top right of the window).
- A dialog appears, expand the "Other Programs" section and select the FDI Client application.
Win 10 has changed menu options:
- Go to Settings, then Default apps
- Go to Choose default apps by file type
- Scroll for .fdix file type and set the Default app to the FDI.Reference.Client
If the .fdix file type is not listed:
- Go to a folder containing an FDI Device Package on your PC.
- Right-click on the file, it may look like a zip archive at this point. Go to Properties.
- Click on Opens with... Change button and search for the FDI.Reference.Client application