You can make your own replacement for the COMTEST USB stick that is delivered as part of the HART FSK Physical Layer Test Kit. COMTEST is also a native application on HART Test Systems (KIT-192 release 3.2 or later).
What you will need
- Latest version of RUFUS from https://rufus.akeo.ie
- A USB Stick (32GB or larger)
- Image file for COMTEST https://fieldcommgroup.sharefile.com/
There is an image of COMTEST on ShareFile. Licensed Tool Users have ShareFile access (license holders can request it via https://support.fieldcommgroup.org/).
Download the “COMTEST_VHD.zip” (Virtual Hard Drive) image zip archive.
The instructions below will use this pre-made image to create the bootable USB drive.
Copy Virtual Hard Drive on a USB Stick
- Insert USB stick in the PC (there should only be one USB in use).
- Run RUFUS using the “Run as Administrator” option.
- Select the Device as your USB drive.
- Click on SELECT and browse to the COMTEST.vhd file
- Click START. A warning will appear, click OK.
- When this step is complete, close the RUFUS application.
Safely Eject the USB drive. The USB drive is ready to run COMTEST in a Boot to USB mode on a Windows PC.
For more information on using this application please see: Run COMTEST