FieldComm Group manages two lists for standardized Unit Codes. If the Unit Codes currently published in the Technical Specifications for Foundation Fieldbus or HART does not contain a code you need to use, please follow the instructions below to obtain a new Unit Code.
Please note the following before sending a request for a Unit Code:
How to submit a request:
Please open a support ticket and specify the following:
- I need assistance with: General Technical Support
- Details: select the applicable technology/protocol
- Subject: New Unit Code
- Description: Include answers to all of the following questions:
- Unit Name (abbreviation)
- Unit Name (expanded)
- English text (required)
- German Translation (required)
- Other languages (optional)
- SI Unit (Yes or No) (required)
- If SI Unit, provide conversion factor to base SI Unit code being requested
- Reasons for this request (required)
- Industry Use
- Standard Organization or Document Reference (include a URL or attach a document to the ticket)
- Specific Technology Application
Incomplete requests will not be processed.
The requester will be informed if the code will be assigned and what the value will be. If a code already exists (but is pending publication) for the requested Unit Name, that information will be returned to the requester.