This article discusses tips for troubleshooting the SDC-625 component of the HART DD-IDE.
How can I change the COM Port being used?
Use the Device > Preferences menu to set the Serial COM port and polling option.
How do I correct the error "Unable to get Hart Utilities dll"?
If upon selecting Build > Execute from within the HART DD-IDE you see the following error:
Verify the contents of C:\HCF\Common, you should see these files:
Please do the following:
- Download the attached batch file (RegisterThese.bat)
- Copy the batch file to C:\HCF\Common
- Open Command Prompt
- Change directory to C:\hcf\common
- Run RegisterThese.bat
Problems with a Connected DeviceSymptoms:
- Launching SDC-625.exe application resulting in "ERROR:Failed to acquire device identity".
- Launching via HART DD-IDE using EXECUTE, error message appears in the DD-IDE as "[Execute] Error".
a) Does this machine and installation communication with other devices?
d) Is the HART modem hardware being used to connect the device to the computer a HART-Registered modem?