Support for the HART DD-IDE will end on September 17, 2020.
SDC-625 Logs will not be accepted after December 31, 2020.
1. SDC test logs are generated by SDC-625, which is a component of the HART DD-IDE.
FieldComm Group requires your EDD to be verified using the latest released version of SDC-625, the HART Standard for host interfaces. In this section, you must confirm that your device has been tested with the SDC-625 and any other hosts.
Currently, there are no test scripts generated by SDC as you validate your DD for completeness. It is important that you review all VARAIBLEs (edit and send to device) on all menus and execute all METHODs to validate your DD.
If you have any problems with SDC-625 during testing with your field device and it is determined to be a known defect in SDC-625, please create a file called SDCTest.txt and specify the exact issue. If the issue can be reproduced in simulation (using Xmtr-DD), please provide detail steps to duplicate issue in a CR. Please file a CR before submitting the EDD.
In the HART DD-IDE, go to the Build menu, then select Execute. The device needs to be connected to the serial port.
Figure 1. HART DD-IDE Execute SDC
The SDC log files will appear in the development directory of the HART DD-IDE:
Include all 6 log files with an EDD submission.
Connect the device to the test machine, open the RRTE, and load the FDI Package (or EDD) for the device. Verify the communication settings of the RRTE are correct by opening an online menu to verify values are read from the device. Close the open menus and close the RRTE. Now perform the following test procedure to generate the required log files.
1. With the RRTE closed, delete all of the log files in the directory C:\ProgramData\FDI\Logs.
2. Open the RRTE and set the Trace Level of the RRTE to “Verbose” (see Figure 2).
Figure 2. RRTE Trace Level
3. Open the first online menu available to the user (i.e. to the right of the Offline menu).
4. Open each branch or tab, depending on the provisioned layout. The RRTE should be given enough time to populate all the data fields.
5. Once all variables have been read (there are no more questions marks on any menu items), go to C:\ProgramData\FDI\Logs and create a zip archive of all log files...
6. Name the zip archive after the name of the menu that was just tested.
7. Close the RRTE
8. If there are more "online" menus in this EDDL or FDI Package, go back to step #1 and repeat the test procedure until all menus have been tested and a zip archive has been created for each menu.