H1 Conformance Test Kit Change Log
Modified on: Fri, 9 Jun, 2017 at 12:50 PM
Current Released Version
|Release 4.0.0 - January 2016
- FOUNDATION H1 CTK 4.0.0 now uses a new test system interface that is external to the PC. The Softing FFusb FF/H1 interface connects to the PC via USB 2.0 port. Support for all previous National Instruments NI-FBUS FF/H1 interface cards has been removed.
- The H1 Conformance Test System (CTS) now supports Microsoft Windows® 7, Windows® 8.1, and Windows® 10 to provide a long lifespan for this release.
- CTS will install and run in either a 32-bit or 64-bit version of supported Windows® operating system.
- Considerable speed and reliability improvements compared to version 3.0.
- The CTS stack is no longer active unless a test case is running. Each test case starts the execution of the CTS stack at its beginning and stops the stack execution at its end. This requires each test case to claim the LAS role after starting the CTS stack and then waiting until the SUT appears in its live list.
- It is now possible to run a test procedure with the repeat option while also using the backup log option. Log files are never overwritten when both of these options are selected, allowing a developer to capture multiple logs of the same test cases in a single test procedure.
- The test system stack API log can now be added to the test case log file if the option for debug logging is selected. This may help in debugging more complex issues.
- New tool button in CTS which can be used as a quick diagnostic for the test system stack. See the help documentation for more details.
Resolved Action Requests
- 1457 New hardware interface and Win 7/Win 8/Win 10 software.
- 3907 The CTK has been upgraded to support Windows 32 and 64 Bit OS.
- 4847 Updated help document, known issues in this document, and the FD-200 user guide to clearly indicate that the test system user interface requires admin rights and for UAC to be disabled.
- 4848 Installer updated to add missing header file CONVIF.H.
- 4869 Installer updated to add missing header file UTA.H.
- 4912 Declarations for C and C++ compatibility added
- 4948 Improved descriptions and examples of PICS/PIXIT files added to user guide
- 6227 Added a note in the Help documentation file that bus parameters are configurable inside of the file CONFIG.INI located in the …\Soft32\REFERNC\BIN directory.
- 7573 Switched to Softing hardware interface. The following files were affected: convif.h, convlen.c, STATE.c, config.ini, convert.c, convert.h, convfmss.c, convfmss.h, convsms.c, convsms.h, pics.fms
- 7638 Code correction: write to non-permanent or permanent or management VCR (selection in this order)
- 7639 TC execution only when SUT is Initiate client Abort template in step (3) corrected
- 7640 TC execution only if SUT is FMS_READ client Reject code corrected
- 7641 Test case will only execute if SUT supports InformationReportWithType.
- 7642 Test case will only execute if SUT supports InformationReportWithType on a free destination address.
- 7643 Now the local stack does not refuse the invalid address and sends a SetAddress PDU to the SUT which has to refuse this request.
- 7644 Now, the write buffer is updated with the value 0x03 for command and then written to the domain descriptor object. Fix section condition for selection.
- 7646 Add test case to check that NMA allows a FMS-Write to a non-permanent configured VCR with a record with all values set to zero.
- 7650 Initialize subindex = 0.
- 7655 All unexpected situations cause the test cases to terminate with verdict INCONCLUSIVE together with a message for the specific reason.
- 7663 Modify the startup procedure to wait until the CTS has taken over the LAS role. Modify the general test case header file tc_pdef.h that now in the DATA_INITIALISATION macro the LAS role is only checked if the SUT is a LM or bridge device as stated in its PICS.NM.
- 7668 FMS test cases have been moved to the bottom of the certification schedule.
- 7696 Test case first reads the LASScheduleActivation variable and only if this variable has a value other than zero (0) (indicating an active LAS schedule) the test case writes a value of zero (0) to this variable to deactivate the schedule.
- 7718 The PREAMBLE, the LAS schedule is now not activated until AFTER the BNU buffer at the publisher is filled with the InformationReport.req.
- 7719 Obsolete code removed. Log message updated. Array size modified. Path prefix bug resolved.
- 7729 Create test case log file at the earliest possible state. Logging information added to the parsing process to show which file is currently parsed.
- 7735 PICS.SM file: Formatting for SM Identify Strings has been corrected so they align when viewed in a text editor.
- 7736 CONFIG.INI file now has allowable ranges and better explanation of why values may have changed in CTK 4.0.
- 7739 Repeat and Backup Log features now work together to allow continuous execution of a test procedure without overwriting the log files.
- 7740 Example.XML file was added to root folder to help users install modified or custom test cases into CTS.
- 7742 Simulation option under the Logging Mode tab has been removed – serves no function with new test system interface
- You must be logged in to the test system PC with Administrator rights to install and run CTS.
- Executing test cases from the command line or double-clicking the executable file is no longer supported.
- In Windows 8 and 10 it may be necessary to right-click and run CTS with administrative rights when it is launched.
- User Account Control (UAC) must be turned off (slider all the way down) in order to run CTS reliably. See the help documentation for more information on how to do this.
- Printing the contents of the results tab information in the user interface will only print the visible lines on the screen, but printing the contents of the report tab will print the entire set of results.
- Spaces left at the end of a device name when a new one is added to CTS will result in test cases that cannot create their log files because of a problem determining the appropriate path. No log file will be created, the test cases will be aborted, and the output window will have the message “mkdir error ENOENT”.
Prior Released Versions
|Release 3.0.1 - January 2012
- Correction of known issues with prior test cases, which have been re-released into Version 3.0.1
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
|Release 3.0.0 - July 2010
- platform upgrade with support for the new PCI and PCMCIA NI-FBUS boards.
- test engine code update to 32 bit
- enhanced user interface provides support for Windows XP/Vista operating systems.
- included Visual Studio 2008 solution for compiling and debugging test cases.
|National Instruments PC AT Card
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.