The manufacturer codes are generated by FieldComm Group.
Manufacturer codes can only be issued to members of FieldComm Group.
NOTE – Manufacturer IDs and Device Type Codes require active IP licenses with FieldComm Group. This is typically obtained through Membership (most cost effective method), but may be purchased outright for 90% of the cost of membership dues. You can learn more by visiting www.fieldcommgroup.org/membership/membership
Please open a support ticket and specify the following:
- I need assistance with: Membership Support
- Details: Manufacturer ID/Device Type Request
- Additional Details: select the applicable technology/protocol
- Subject: New Manufacturer Name
- Description: State the name to be assigned to a new manufacturer ID code.
In the message body, specify the ID Number you wish to have reserved for your company. Please provide the new name and number as follows:
- Requested Manufacturer Name*
- 0xMMMMMM (hexadecimal representation of ID number)
- MMMMMMM (decimal representation of ID number)
*Please keep the following in mind when submitting your request:
Manufacturer's Name is restricted to 24 characters of ISO Latin-1, including spaces and punctuation.
Manufacturer's ID for FF are restricted to the following ranges:
65536 through 8388607 (hexadecimal 0x010000-0x7FFFFF)
Foundation Fieldbus product model code, otherwise known as the Device Type code, is not something you have to reserve. You can use any value from 0x0001 through 0xFFFF for your Device Type code to uniquely identify a specific product model within your Manufacturer ID range of products.